- UVAPI – The Universal Virtualization API (UVAPI) project provides a unified object model and API for interfacing with popular hypervisors and hosted virtual solutions.
- Vangaea – Vangaea provides an open, RESTful interface and single sign-on access for communicating with several leading hypervisors such as VMware Infrastructure 3.5, VMware vSphere 4.0, Microsoft Hyper-V, and Citrix XenServer 5.5.
- Hyper9 VMM – Hyper9 VMM is a free and open source solution to manage VMware VI3/vSphere4, Citrix XenServer 5 or Microsoft Hyper-V from your mobile device or cell phone.
- nvn – nvn is a new approach to integrating .NET on Windows with the Maven build platform by driving builds with MSBuild and MSTest.
- JWBem – The Java Web-Based Enterprise Management (JWbem) is an on-going Java implementation of Microsoft’s Scripting Web-Based Enterprise Management (SWbem) API. JWbem allows Java developers to easily monitor and manage Microsoft Windows via Windows Management Instrumentation (WMI).
- GuessMyOSToo – A VMware VI/vSphere client plug-in that replaces generic VM icons in the inventory trees with OS-specific icons for both Windows and Linux guests.
- akin – akutz’s ipfw and natd controller (akin) provides a method to launchd process to manage OS X’s built-in IPFW and NAT sub-systems.
- SimDK – SimDK is a VMware vSphere4 simulator which provides vSphere4 API-compatibility for official vSphere4 clients and other applications built using the vSphere4 SDK.
- Sudo for Windows (sudowin) – Sudowin is a popular open source application used to facilitate the concept of least user access (LUA) on the Microsoft Windows operating system.
- SVMotion – A VMware Infrastructure (VI) client plug-in that extends the client’s functionality by providing an integrated, graphical tool that can be used to invoke storage VMotion (SVMotion) operations.
- Console – A VI client plug-in that integrates an SSH console directly into the client.
- Invoke – A VI client plug-in that makes it possible to integrate third-party applications with the client while persisting login information.
- VI Toolkit for .NET – The VI Toolkit for .NET is a .NET library designed to bring object-oriented design to the VI API by transforming managed object references into first class objects, as well as providing helpful method, property, and class abstractions.
- VI Toolkit for Java – A Java library that is patterned after the VI Perl Toolkit. Administrators and developers who like the ability to quickly create scripts with the perl toolkit but appreciate the depth of Java will love the VI Toolkit for Java.
- VI Java – The VMware Virtual Infrastructure Java API provides a set of libraries with full support of managed object model and utilities to manage and control VMware virtual machines and servers using the VMwware Virtual Infrastructure Web service interface.